Here we go with another one-pot wonder of ours!! We don’t have a niche as such but if you looked through our recipes the most common are one-pot recipes. This Pesto King Prawn Pasta is a fantastic midweek dish. Super speedy recipe, ready to serve up in only in 20 minutes!!
What pasta shape to use?
The first step is to boil your pasta, we tried out a new pasta shape this time, Fusilli Lunghi, a long corkscrew spiral-shaped pasta. We think it made this dish look amazing!
Experiment with whatever shape you like and cook to the packet’s instruction?
Whilst the pasta is cooking, use a large cast-iron pan to fry off the raw King Prawns in Oil, Garlic and Chilli, we used Gia Puree’s to help make quicker but you can use fresh garlic and chilli if preferred, also throw in the halved tomatoes and fry off with the King Prawns for 4-8 minutes (depending on the size of prawns used).
Can I use already cooked King Prawns?
Yes, you can, fry the garlic and tomatoes with garlic and chilli before adding the cooked King Prawns in. Then add in the pesto.
Add some pepper and salt, drain the pasta and tip the cooked pasta in the large pan with the prawns and tomatoes. Add in some Green Pesto, you can buy a jar in the supermarket or make up your own batch? We have our own nut-free version Parmesan & Basil Pesto, which we used.
Stir pesto through on low heat until warmed through.
Pasta Serving suggestions
Add salt & pepper to taste and an extra sprinkling of Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese. Why not add a side of salad and or garlic bread.
The Fusilli Lunghi pasta gives a great look to this dish. The kids loved it!
Pesto King Prawn Pasta
- 250 grams Pasta Shape of your choice we used Fusilli Lunghi
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Gia Garlic Puree or 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Gia Chilli Puree 1 finely chopped/ crushed chilli pepper
- 160 grams Raw King Prawns
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- Basil Pesto 1 Jar or Homemade Pesto
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Grated to serve
- Cook pasta to packet instructions
- Meanwhile, place olive oil, Gia Garlic Puree and Gia Chilli Puree in a pan, stir puree's into the oil then add King Prawns and Cherry Tomatoes. Cook on medium heat for 5-8 mins. Stirring occasionally.
- Drain Pasta, add it into the pan with King Prawn & Tomato.
- Finally, add basil pesto stirring in on medium heat for 2 minutes, until warmed through.
- Serve with a generous scattering of Parmesan and season with salt and black pepper.
If you liked this Pesto King Prawn Pasta why not check out our One Pot Spicy Meatball Pasta