Try out this Pesto King Prawn Pasta for a quick midweek meal. Simple step by step guide showing you how to make this easy seafood pasta from scratch.
Raw King Prawn cooked with garlic, chilli and cherry tomatoes. Fusilli Lunghi / spaghetti or linguine can be added with a homemade or shop brought basil pesto, finished off with a sprinkle of parmesan.
Amazing shrimp recipe with a great flavoursome sauce. Ready in 20 minutes.
We don’t have a niche as such but if you looked through our recipes the most common are one-pot recipes.
What pasta shape to use?
The first step is to boil your pasta, we tried out a new pasta shape this time, Fusilli Lunghi, a long corkscrew spiral-shaped pasta. We think it made this dish look amazing!
However you can use spaghetti, linguine, bucatini, fettuccine, tagliatelle or capellini
Experiment with whatever shape you like, just cook to the packet’s instruction?
Cooking Raw King Prawns with Chilli and Garlic
Whilst the pasta is cooking, use a large cast-iron pan to fry off the raw King Prawns.
Add crushed Garlic and minced Chilli you can use fresh or cheat like we did, using Gia Puree’s to help make this dish even quicker. But you can use fresh garlic and chilli if preferred.
How much chilli to add?
I use 1 tsp of chilli puree which is the equivalent to 1 medium spiced chilli. You can omit the chilli completely or add extra? The choice is yours!
Throw in the halved tomatoes and fry off with the King Prawns for 4-8 minutes (depending on the size of prawns used).
Season with salt & pepper.
Can I use already cooked King Prawns?
If using pre cooked King Prawns it is best to fry the tomatoes with garlic and chilli before adding the Prawns in. The cooked prawns only need warming up not cooking.
By this time, the pasta will be ready to drain and add to the pan.
Final step is to add in some Green Basil Pesto, you can buy a jar in the supermarket or make up your own batch? We have our own nut-free version Parmesan & Basil Pesto, which we used.
Alternatively, pick up a jar from the supermarket.
Stir pesto through on low heat until warmed through.
Pasta Serving suggestions
Add salt & pepper to taste and an extra sprinkling of Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese. Why not add a side of salad, garlic bread or try our delicious Olive & Herb Focaccia Bread.
The Fusilli Lunghi pasta gives a great look to this dish. The kids loved it!
Pesto King Prawn Pasta
- 250 grams Pasta Shape of your choice we used Fusilli Lunghi
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Gia Garlic Puree or 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Gia Chilli Puree 1 finely chopped/ crushed chilli pepper
- 160 grams Raw King Prawns
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- Basil Pesto 1 Jar or Homemade Pesto
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Grated to serve
- Cook pasta to packet instructions
- Meanwhile, place olive oil, Garlic and Chilli in a pan, stir into the oil then add King Prawns and Cherry Tomatoes.
- Cook on medium heat for 5-8 mins. Stirring occasionally.
- Drain Pasta, add it into the pan with King Prawn & Tomato.
- Finally, add basil pesto stirring in on medium heat for 2 minutes, until warmed through.
- Serve with a generous scattering of Parmesan and season with salt and black pepper.Enjoy!!
If you liked this Pesto King Prawn Pasta why not check out our One Pot Spicy Meatball Pasta
Please share a comment with us to let us know how you get on?