Why not make your own curry? So much healthier, cheaper and this one is even quicker than ordering a takeaway. Our easy, King Prawn Masala Curry is the perfect meal for any day of the week. Using Cooked King Prawns brings it to the table quicker than ever.
How to make a quick King Prawn Masala Curry?
See our step by step slide show on how we made our King Prawn Masala Curry, you will find the full ingredients and instruction on the card below.
The first step is to coat your King prawns with spicy yoghurt.
Mix together the Tumeric, garam masala, ground coriander, cumin, ginger powder, crushed garlic, chilli puree (or 1 finely chopped chilli), salt, and lemon juice in a bowl with yoghurt. Finally add the Cooked King Prawn’s.
How long to marinade Cooked King Prawns?
There is no need to marinade the cooked king prawns ahead of time. Letting them sit in yoghurt and spices whilst you prep and cook the sauce is plenty of time. Unlike meat, prawn should not be left to marinate for longer than 30 minutes.
Can I use Raw Prawns?
Yes, cook them for 4-6 mins in olive oil until pink. Before adding the spicy yoghurt to them.
How hot do you want to make your King Prawn Curry?
We like ours fairly hot, so we used 2 tsp Gia chilli puree in total. Which is the equivalent to 2 whole crushed chillies. 1 in with the yoghurt and king prawns, and 1 with the sauce. Add more or less chilli to your desired spiciness!
Using a non-stick or cast iron pan, cook onions until soft, add garlic and chilli we used the Gia puree’s to make ours even quicker!
Now add tomato puree and tinned tomatoes stir in together. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Stir in the yoghurt and king prawns warm through on a low heat for 5 minutes.
Finish with fresh chopped coriander, for best results. We used frozen coriander as that was all we had to hand, or you could use dried coriander leaf? Stir through and you are ready to serve!
What to serve with King Prawn Masala Curry?
King Prawn Masala Curry
- 1 tsp Gia Garlic Puree or 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Gia Chilli Puree or 1 chilli finely sliced/minced
- 2 tsp Ground turmeric
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Ground ginger
- 200 grams Natural Fat-Free Yoghurt
- 225 grams Cooked King Prawn If using Raw Prawns then cook them off in a pan before adding the marinade
- In a bowl mix the marinade ingredients all together with the cooked prawns. Keep aside until step 4.
- Over a medium heat, add olive oil in a pan. Cook the onions for 4 minutes until soft, stir through garlic and chilli for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes. Turn to a simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the yoghurt coated King prawns and warm through for 5 minutes adding coriander for the last minute.
- Serve with Rice, Bombay Potato & Naan Bread Enjoy!!
Absolutely delicious! Enjoy dipping the Naan Bread into your King Prawn Masala Curry Sauce 🙂
Why not check out our other Curry recipes!