Looking for cooked king prawn recipe ideas? Try out this king prawn salad with chilli dressing for a delicious light summer salad.
An easy prawn recipe with a fantastic sweet and spicy, honey and chilli salad dressing with coriander.
Add a sprinkle of coconut to give a Thai twist to this chilli prawn salad. Perfect summertime dinner or lunch with no cooking needed. Or a romantic meal for two to share!
How to make King Prawn Salad with Chilli dressing?
This prawn salad uses a pack of cooked king prawns making it a very easy no-cook recipe as seen in the video below! We have made this a two-person sharing salad but you can plate separately if prefered.
Continue reading for advice on making the prawn dressing and what salad items to use. Click below to get on with making this prawn salad.Recipe card for King Prawn Salad Recipe
Prawn salad ideas.
A good salad to serve with prawns includes a salad bag with a mix of tender baby leaves and rocket for a nice peppery taste, topped with a rainbow of colours from finely sliced red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, sweetcorn and an orange salad pepper.
You can switch any of the salad items we have used to suit what you like.
Prawn Salad Presentation idea
A nice salad presentation, for two people to share, use the leaves as a base, then place the other items on top in straight lines with the prawns in the middle or split onto two plates.
More presentation tips for dressing prawn salad are below with the salad dressing recipe.
What prawns to use for salad?
We use a pack of pre-peeled and cooked king prawns or tiger prawns making it a quick and easy shellfish salad to prepare. Of course, you can use smaller prawns or shrimp.
If you only have raw prawns, make sure to cook them first. You could always use a couple of teaspoons of the prawn salad dressing to cook them in a pan.
How to make a prawn salad dressing?
Homemade salad dressings are so easy to make, this Thai inspired coriander, honey and chilli dressing goes well with prawns.
A simple mix of olive oil, honey, white wine vinegar, coriander and red chilli with salt & pepper shake it up and you are ready to pour over the prepared King prawn salad.
We like to use a squeezy bottle, with the tip chopped bigger, to be able to pour the salad dressing over the prawn salad evenly.
Simply drizzle the chilli dressing, over the king prawn salad.
There is plenty of dressing, only use as much as you like.
What to serve with prawn salad?
If serving prawn salad as the main dinner, add some cold side dishes such as coleslaw, sweet chilli Thai salad noodles and roasted vegetable couscous. Or some nice fresh homemade bread.
Keeping with the Thai salad idea, we add some desiccated coconut or freshly grated coconut on top.
Ready to serve! Feel free to mix the chilli prawn salad all together if you prefer?
Store leftover chilli dressing in the fridge. As this salad dressing contains olive oil it will harden. Once back to room temperature it will return to normal.
Yes, being in the UK we call them prawns, but in the US shrimps are the same thing! see more info about shrimp/prawns here
King Prawn Salad with Chili Dressing
King Prawn Salad
- 150 grams Cooked King Prawns (5 ½ oz) or Tiger Prawns
- 1 pack Rocket and Babyleaf Salad Any mixed salad bag
- ⅓ Cucumber Chopped into half-moons
- ½ Red Onion finely chopped
- 8 Baby Plum Tomatoes halved
- 1 Orange Pepper (bell pepper) Thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Sweetcorn
Homemade Chilli Salad Dressing - Makes plenty, you don't have to use it all!
- 1 tbsp Coriander (cilantro) A handful of fresh leaves and stems, chopped finely
- 1 Red Chilli Finely chopped - Add more if you like it spicy
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Honey
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tsp Desiccated Coconut Or fresh grated
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves Cilantro
- Lay the salad leaves on the base of a plate1 pack Rocket and Babyleaf Salad
- Layer with all your other salad items on top of salad leaves⅓ Cucumber, ½ Red Onion, 8 Baby Plum Tomatoes, 1 Orange Pepper (bell pepper), 3 tbsp Sweetcorn
- Add the cooked king prawns to the middle.
- Put all the ingredients for the chilli salad dressing into a jar or lidded pot and give a good shake to mix.5 tbsp Olive Oil, 2 tsp Honey, 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar, 1 tbsp Coriander (cilantro), 1 Red Chilli, Salt & Pepper
- Pour dressing over the top of the salad.
- Optionally add some coconut and/ or coriander leaves as a salad topping.2 tsp Desiccated Coconut, 2 tsp Coriander leaves
We hope you enjoyed our King Prawn Salad with chilli dressing, please leave us some feedback below to let us know how you got on?!