Impress your family and friends with this Homemade White Cob Loaf. It's cheap and so easy to make. Nothing better than the smell of fresh-baked bread!
We made our Bread to serve with Beef and Red Wine Stew and Dumplings, perfect for soaking up all the leftover juices off the plate.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner, is sorted with this, you may need to make more if you have a big family.
Homemade bread is much better for you than store-bought bread, it is cheaper to make it yourself, with minimal salt added and no preservatives in it.
Kay struggles with IBS and bread is one of the key triggers for her, however, she can tolerate homecooked bread!
How long does homemade bread last?
Store your homemade bread at room temperature in a dry place. Keep it soft by covering and sealing in a food bag or an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Try toasting your leftovers (if there are any) the next morning served with jam, for a delicious breakfast
How to make bread in a pressure cooker?
See our step by step images on how easy it is to make your own bread. As you can see it doesn't take a lot of ingredients. We made ours in the pressure cooker as we like the shape it makes, but you can use a high walled cake tin in the oven to give you a similar shape.
Kneading bread is a workout in itself, we really want to treat ourselves to a Kitchen Aid to help speed this process up 10 minutes of manual kneading is completed in 2 mins with a Kitchen Aid, but they come with a big price tag!
Until we get the funds for this, Luke will have to carry on using his hands!
Homemade White Cob Loaf
- 500 grams strong white flour
- 7 grams instant yeast
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 300 ml water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Pressure Cooker method
- Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix together and then place on a floured board and start to knead the bread for 10 minutes until a smooth elastic texture
- Line the pressure cookpot with parchment paper, add kneaded dough. Put on lid with pressure valve closed and program on yoghurt setting for 40 mins. This will proof the bread. If you do not have a Yoghurt setting leave for 1 hr with a damp tea towel over top.
- Once the bread has been proofed program the cooker on cake setting and cook for 40 mins still with pressure valve closed.
- Preheat the oven 180° fan, Gas 4, 350°F
- When the bread is cooked in the pressure cooker, put the bread with the parchment paper onto a baking tray and place in the oven for 10-15 mins to brown off the top.
- Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix together and then place on a floured board and start to knead the bread for 10 minutes until smooth elastic texture
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 200°c, Gas 6, 390°F
- Grease a cake tin or use parchment paper and place risen dough inside, cook for 30-35 minutes.
Hope you enjoyed this Homemade White Cob Loaf we have plenty more bread recipes to share with you soon!