Who needs takeaway this weekend when you can make this Homemade Lamb curry in your kitchen. It is undoubtedly cheaper as well as healthier!
With the long cold winter nights approaching this lamb curry will definitely warm you up from the inside, not only from the warmth of the spices but also the warmth of enjoyment!!
What do you put in a curry?
Lamb is Kay's favourite meat in a curry so this is what we went with however, Chicken, King Prawn or Vegetables work equally as well.
As well as using lamb in our curry, this dish would not taste like a proper Indian meal without the use of spices.
We used cinnamon, coriander, cumin, turmeric and fennel seeds which give this recipe so many fantastic flavours!
When is National Curry Week?
We made this curry for National Curry week that started on the 7th October along with our Onion Rice, Mint Raita and last but not least our family and friend's favourite Mango Chutney, and it was a true feast!
See the collage picture below to help with step by step instructions on making this delicious lamb curry.
Faster preparation ingredients we used for this recipe.
Great products, I highly recommend them. Taste just as good as fresh ingredients.
If you like a bit more of a kick to your curry add more chilli puree!
We are also big fans of Eazy Fried Onions which we often use in our curry recipes, already peeled, cooked, diced, lightly fried onions they have all the flavour of homecooked onions without the mess, fuss or tears!
The long cooking time is especially important for lamb curry dishes, to keep it moist and tender. Despite the time left to simmer the actual prep time is quick!
Maybe not as quick as how long it takes to consume it all though......
📖 Step by Step Recipe
Homemade Lamb Curry
- 600 gram Diced Lamb
- 1 onion we used ½ tin of eazy onions
- 2 teaspoon Gia Garlic puree 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 teaspoon Gia Chilli puree 2 chillis finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon Ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 400 gram chopped tomatoes
- coriander chop the stalks and leaves separately
- Place the Eazy onions and Gia garlic puree in a pan on a simmer for 5 mins stirring until the liquid has gone.1 onion, 2 teaspoon Gia Garlic puree
- Stir in the ginger powder,cinnamon,coriander,ground cumin,ground turmeric,fennel seeds diced lamb and cook until the lamb starts browning off.½ teaspoon Ginger powder, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tablespoon Ground coriander, 1 teaspoon Ground cumin, 1 teaspoon Ground turmeric, ½ teaspoon Fennel seeds, 600 gram Diced Lamb
- Tip the canned tomatoes,Gia Chilli puree and a can of water to the pan and simmer for 1 hr400 gram chopped tomatoes, 2 teaspoon Gia Chilli puree
- After the 1 hr simmering stir in the chopped coriander stalks giving a stir and cook for a further 30 mins until the lamb succulent.coriander
- Serve with chopped coriander leaves on top and Enjoy!!!
Looking for side dish recipes to serve with this lamb curry?
Hope you enjoy your Homemade Lamb curry as much as our family does?! Furthermore, don't forget to leave us a message and review.
If you like lamb recipes, why not try out our Persian Lamb Shanks!!