Our fantastic Mango Chutney is bursting with flavours whenever our guests try it they ask to be included in our ever-growing list of people to make jars for!
How long does Mango Chutney last for?
Did you know once cooked you can store Chutney in jars for up to a year unopened in the refrigerator? I will explain how to jar them.
Make sure you sterilise your jars, seals and lids, by soaking/covering in boiling water for 10 minutes.
When the Chutney is finished cooking, pour into sterilised jar whilst it is still hot, then seal it and leave to cool.
When cooled you can place in the refrigerator.
Keep sealed for up to a year. Once opened make sure to use within 3 months. Best to make up a few smaller jars and share them out with the family.
We made so much of it we have since come up with other uses for it!
What goes with Mango Chutney?
The obvious choice for using Mango Chutney is with a curry, however, there are plenty of other ways to use it.
On a cheese board, tastes fantastic with crackers and cheese
In a sandwich, with cold meat.
On pork chops
Use it your coronation chicken, we will be doing a recipe for this soon.
Add to casseroles to give it some sweetness.
You can always make more and store in jars for up to a year unopened and use it on other occasions.
- 230 ml White Wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Macetilla sherry vineger or Balsamic Vinegar
- 225 g Caster sugar
- 3 Mangoes chopped in to small squares
- 1 tsp Nigella seeds
- 1 tsp Gia Chilli Puree or 1 chilli very finely chopped
- 2 tsp Gia Garlic Puree or 4 cloves pureed
- 1 tsp All spice
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ginger Powder
- ½ tsp Ground coriander
- Pour the white wine vinegar, sherry vinegar and caster sugar in a large pan and simmer, stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved
- Increase the heat to a gentle boil for about 5-10 mins until reduced a little.
- Add all remaining ingredients into the pan and cook on a medium heat for 1 hr.
- Keep on stirring throughout this time until thick and gloopy.
- Place the cooked chutney into sterilised jars and leave to cool, you can keep the chutney up to a year, unopened in a refrigerator.