Pad Thai Noodles with prawn is one of my favourite dishes from when I went travelling in Thailand, eating on the side of the road with a nice cold beer.
Fond memories for me, if you haven’t been I highly recommend you go! However, until you get a chance to sample the amazing street food Pad Thai, have a go at my quick easy version at home. It is still delicious just a shame I can’t bottle up the ambience of Thailand streets. Full of flavour, easy to make and gives you the taste of Thailand in your own home.
Cheat Ingredients for Pad Thai Noodles?
A few cheat products used to help speed up this already speedy pad thai recipe, all available from UK supermarkets!
- Gia Garlic Puree – Garlic ready crushed to put into your recipe, 1tsp is equal to 2 garlic cloves. No more stinky fingers, we use it in most recipes that call for crushed garlic!
- Gia Chilli Puree- Chilli peppers ready crushed to add a quick kick to any dish. 1tsp is equal to small chilli pepper. No need to chop your own anymore, have you ever rubbed your eyes after chopping Chillies?? It stings, doesn’t it! Well, fear no more with this product!
That is one product used to help make this pad thai noodles quicker we also used.
Amoy straight to wok
Amoy Straight To Wok Ribbon Rice Noodles, another quick easy cheat ingredient. Noodles already cooked and ready to add at the last step of cooking. They sell lots of different types of noodles so can be used in lots of different recipes.
Pad Thai Noodles alternatives?
Of course can use Chicken, Tofu, Crab, squid or vegetables instead of Pad Thai Noodles with Prawns?
Why not serve up with a side of our scrumptious Onion Rice.
Pad Thai Noodles with Prawns
- 1 pack Amoy Straight To Wok Ribbon Rice Noodles or 100g (3 oz) dried noodles pre-cooked
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 2 tsp Gia Garlic Puree or 2 cloves crushed
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 165 grams (6oz) Jumbo King Prawns Peeled
- 150 g (5oz) Fresh Bean Sprouts
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Peanuts crushed
- 2 Spring Onions finely sliced
- chilli flakes
Pad Thai Sauce
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Gia Chilli Puree or one Chilli finely sliced
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- Place all the above sauce ingredients in a bowl , give a good stir and place to one side until step 6.
- Heat 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil, cook the Prawns over medium heat for 2-3 mins on each side, remove and set aside until step 6.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of sesame oil in the wok over medium heat,add the shallots and cook for a few minutes until golden then add the Gia Garlic Puree and give a good stir.
- Make a hole in the centre of the onions ,add the whisked eggs leave to set for 2 mins, then stirring only the egg for 2 mins until scrambled. then mix in with the shallots from the sides.
- Add the noodles and mix with the eggs and shallots, keep flipping and stirring for about 3 mins until the noodles become soft.
- Add the Pad Thai sauce,Prawns,Bean sprouts,some crushed nuts and chilli flakes, giving a final stir and flip and serve
- Serve with extra sprinkle of crushed roasted peanuts & spring onions.
This Pad Thai Noodle with Prawns is a sponsored recipe created for Gia Garlic Puree & Gia Chilli Puree, they are fantastic product’s quick and easy to use and speed up the process of making this recipe!
Served up in this fantastic coconut bowl, available to buy from Amazon, follow the link!