Try out our Stir-Fried Vegetable Side Dish, the perfect addition to any Asian meal. Baby corn and green beans stir-fried with oil, garlic, chilli and soy sauce. Lastly, a trickle of honey added for a bit of sweetness.
I think the combination of sweetness from honey and spicy chilli works together perfectly for this side dish.
How to stir-fry vegetables for an Asian side dish?
Quick and easy to make, simply heat some oil in a pan/wok, stir-fry green beans and baby corn (or any other vegetables) for 5 minutes, add a few splashes of water during that time if it drys out, to help produce some steam.
Next, add in crushed garlic and finely diced chilli, stir-fry the vegetables for a minute before adding some soy sauce
2 more minutes of stir-fry with the soy sauce, then turn the heat off.
Drizzle honey over the stir-fried vegetables, before serving up with an (optional) sprinkle of sesame seeds, salt & pepper.
What vegetables can be stir-fried?
There are many vegetables equally suitable for stir-frying. Any combination of the below will work well.
- Green Beans
- Sugar snap pea
- Pak choi
- Bean Sprouts
- Water Chestnut
Chinese or Thai Vegetable side dish?
Ultimately this is more of a Thai inspired vegetable recipe, with the typical mix of spicy, salty and sweet flavours together. However, it is equally great served up as a side to any Chinese main meals.
Are stir-fried vegetables healthy?
Stirfrying is a quick way to cook vegetables using a wok/pan, it is healthy as only a small amount of oil is needed and retains the nutrients better when compared to boiled vegetables.
Stir-Fried Vegetable Side Dish
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 150 grams (5 ½ ounces) Green Beans
- 130 grams (5 ounces) Baby Corns
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ Red Chilli Chopped into small pieces (add more if wanted)
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Honey
- Sesame Seeds to serve on top
- Heat oil in a pan/wok, stir fry green beans and baby corn for 5 minutes, add a few splashes of water during that time to help produce some steam.
- Add garlic and chilli, stir through for a minute
- Pour in soy sauce for final 2 minutes turn the heat off.
- Trickle over the honey and serve up on side dish.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, salt & pepper on top (optional)
In this Stir-Fried Vegetable Side Dish, we used Raw Wild Flower Bulgarian Honey from Buy Wholefoods Online. Evidently made from the nectar of a wide variety of wildflowers. It has a distinctive and unique herbal flavour. Certainly adds a subtle sweetness to savoury dishes.