Try out our Stir-Fried Vegetable Side Dish, the perfect addition to any Asian meal. Baby corn and green beans stir-fried with oil, garlic, chilli and soy sauce. Lastly, a trickle of honey added for a bit of sweetness.
I think the combination of sweetness from honey and spicy chilli works together perfectly for this side dish.
How to stir-fry vegetables for an Asian side dish?
Quick and easy to make, simply heat some oil in a pan/wok, stir-fry green beans and baby corn (or any other vegetables) for 5 minutes, add a few splashes of water during that time if it drys out, to help produce some steam.
Next, add in crushed garlic and finely diced chilli, stir-fry the vegetables for a minute before adding some soy sauce
2 more minutes of stir-fry with the soy sauce, then turn the heat off.
Drizzle honey over the stir-fried vegetables, before serving up with an (optional) sprinkle of sesame seeds, salt & pepper.
What vegetables can be stir-fried?
There are many vegetables equally suitable for stir-frying. Any combination of the below will work well.
- Green Beans
- Sugar snap pea
- Pak choi
- Bean Sprouts
- Water Chestnut
Chinese or Thai Vegetable side dish?
Ultimately this is more of a Thai inspired vegetable recipe, with the typical mix of spicy, salty and sweet flavours together. It goes really well with our Thai Green Beef Curry. However, it is equally great served up as a side to any Chinese main meals such as our Honey Garlic or Salt and Pepper chicken wings.
Are stir-fried vegetables healthy?
Stirfrying is a quick way to cook vegetables using a wok/pan, it is healthy as only a small amount of oil is needed and retains the nutrients better when compared to boiled vegetables.
Stir-Fried Vegetable Side Dish
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 150 grams (5 ½ ounces) Green Beans
- 130 grams (5 ounces) Baby Corns
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ Red Chilli Chopped into small pieces (add more if wanted)
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- Sesame Seeds to serve on top
- Heat oil in a pan/wok, stir fry green beans and baby corn for 5 minutes, add a few splashes of water during that time to help produce some steam.
- Add garlic and chilli, stir through for a minute
- Pour in soy sauce for final 2 minutes turn the heat off.
- Trickle over the honey and serve up on side dish.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, salt & pepper on top (optional)
In this Stir-Fried Vegetable Side Dish, we used Raw Wild Flower Bulgarian Honey from Buy Wholefoods Online. Evidently made from the nectar of a wide variety of wildflowers. It has a distinctive and unique herbal flavour. Certainly adds a subtle sweetness to savoury dishes.