Bring the taste of Asia onto your dinner table with these sticky and sweet Honey Garlic Chicken Wings.
We, like many others, used to buy chicken wings from the supermarket already coated in marinade. However, we found the wings were mostly bone with little meat on and the sauce was ok but never amazing.
We now glaze our own wings, we buy full wings from the fresh aisle in the supermarket, they are one of the cheapest cuts of chicken you can buy, yet have so much meat on them and when cooked correctly very tender. To buy the same weight in chicken breast is more than double the price!
Alternatively, you could try out our Sticky Beer and Honey Glaze on your wings
So quick and easy to do, whilst your wings cook for 20 mins you have time to whip together your glaze to go over them for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
Faster preparation ingredients
We sped up the process of making the glaze by using our favourite brand Gia.
Gia Garlic Puree – can be picked up at any UK supermarket, save your time fiddling with peeling, chopping and pressing garlic. The tube keeps in the fridge for use whenever you make another dish containing garlic!
Gia Chilli Puree – available from most supermarkets, add it to any dish to add an instant kick. A little goes a long way, 1 tsp of puree is enough for some, we often use 2 tsp as we like it hot! Keep in the fridge between uses.
Makes it so much easier and quicker for this recipe and also a lot of other recipes that call for garlic or chilli.
Try them out you will love them and so will anyone else who tries them.
What to serve with chicken wings?
- Corn on Cob
- Garlic Bread
- Chunky Chips
- Onion Rings
- Mash potato
Also, make great sharing dish for when you have friends over for drinks and nibbles. No need for plates, however, you will need a bone bowl and napkins to clean up messy fingers after!
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- 30 g Plain Flour
- Pepper to taste
- 1000 g Chicken wings 10 full wings
- Spray oil
- 2 Spring onions sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Pre-heat the oven at 220°c.
- Put the flour and pepper in a bowl, coat chicken wings in the mixture and turn until fully coated.
- Place the flour-coated chicken on parchment paper, spray with oil, cook in the oven for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, place the sauce ingredients into a wok/large pan. Bring to the boil, turn the heat down and simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- Once the wings have had 20 mins in the oven, remove and place into the wok/large pan to fully coat wings in the sauce.
- Place back on the lined baking tray and oven cook for a further 10 mins.
- Serve up with whichever sides you wish & sprinkle the wings with sliced spring onion and sesame seeds.
Enjoy your Honey Garlic Chicken Wings, they are finger-licking good!