A great recipe for any cheese lovers out there! Give this Mozzarella Crispy Chicken a go. Check out our video below, for an easy step by step guide of creating this dish. The printable recipe card is also at the bottom of this page.
As you can see from this video, it’s quick and easy to make and that melted mozzarella in the middle is to die for! I bet your mouth is watering from that last shot with the melted cheese?
Mozzarella Crispy Chicken, seen below on a bed of rocket. However, can be served up with any sides, Salad, Pasta, Potatoes, Couscous, Rice, Chips, Sweet Potato fries, Vegetables. Enjoyed by all the family. If you wanted to spice things up you could also add some Chilli to the sauce.
Variations for this Crispy Chicken Recipe
We have also tried this recipe out with ham added into the middle of the chicken, which works nicely. If you like a stronger cheese use a mature cheddar or Blue Cheese instead!?
If you love cheese dishes why not check out our other recipes, for example, Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells!
Mozzarella Crispy Chicken
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 150 g Grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp Plain flour
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 100 g Breadcrumbs any will do, we used a mixture of Panko and Golden
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 300 g Passata
- 130 grams Gia Tomato and Garlic puree
- 3 tbsp Chopped Basil
- Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan
Optional to serve
- 1 bag Rocket
- Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat Oven to 200°C
- Slice the Chicken breasts in half length-ways to create a pocket, fill with Mozzarella Cheese.
- Dip to coat each breast in turn,*bowl of flour*bowl of egg*bowl of breadcrumbs
- Fry the coated chicken breasts in a little bit of oil for 3 minutes on each side. (This is to crisp up the coating not to cook the chicken)
- In a oven dish, put in Passata, Gia Tomato & Garlic Puree, Basil and Pepper. Stir together.
- Add Breaded Chicken Breasts on top of the sauce sprinkle with Parmesan, cover with foil, cook for 25 mins.
- Serve Chicken on top of rocket drizzled with balsamic glaze and add the remaining sauce on top of the Chicken, one last sprinkle of Parmesan and you’re ready to tuck in!
We originally created this recipe as a sponsored video post for Gia Puree’s in the summer, I can assure you if it wasn’t a great product we wouldn’t feature it on our own blog. They do a great range of Puree’s please do spare some time to check them out. Available to buy from most UK supermarkets.
We used their Gia Tomato & Garlic Puree, for this Mozzarella Crispy Chicken recipe. A lovely rich tomato puree with a hint of garlic, works perfectly for this dish.
We hope you enjoyed this Mozzarella Crispy Chicken please share/ comment let us know what you think. Did you like the recipe video and would it be something you want to see more of?