A great midweek dinner, not only looks impressive but takes minimal effort! Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells, on the table in 30 minutes and enjoyed by all.
Homemade Tomato Pasta Sauce Base
No need to buy a jarred sauce, just whip up a quick easy homemade sauce to go with them, so simple to make. Whilst the Pasta Shells are cooking. Make up your sauce using Shallot (or small onion), Garlic Puree, Sundried Tomato Puree, Passata, Mixed Herbs and a splash of Sherry Vinegar (or balsamic).
We use our favourite brand of Gia Puree’s to create a tomato base sauce for pasta. Use in any pasta dish to add delicious Italian flavours.
Gia Garlic Puree is fantastic for speeding up the process, for instance. No need to peel, chop and crush the garlic, ready to squeeze straight in! Gia Sundried Tomato Puree is great for adding extra richness to the dish, it is a lot sweeter and gives a more intense flavour than regular puree. It is a fantastic product, I highly recommend it!
Found in all leading supermarkets, Sainsburys, Asda, Waitrose, Co-op, Nisa, Morrisons & Budgens.
Your Pasta is cooked and sauce is simmering, its time to stuff your pasta shells.
Don’t overcook the pasta because you need it to keep its shape whilst being filled.
Making Spinach & Ricotta Filling
The filling is simply Ricotta and Spinach with a pinch of cinnamon and black pepper, mixed together. Use frozen spinach it the perfect consistency. Use a teaspoon to help fill the pasta shell.
Once all filled place the homemade sauce into an ovenproof dish. Next, add the stuffed shells on top.
How to cook stuffed shells?
Next, scatter grated mozzarella over the pasta, place dish in the oven for 10 minutes, until the mozzarella has melted.
Finally, sprinkle over a generous amount of Black Pepper and serve with Garlic Bread and you are ready to impress!
Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- 200 grams (7oz) Large pasta shells
- 285 grams (10oz) Frozen Spinach Defrost and squeeze excess water from spinach
- 250 grams (1cup) Ricotta
- cinnamon pinch
- 180 grams (¾ cup) mozzarella grated
- pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven at 190°C fan
- Cook the Large pasta shells to the packet instructions. Meanwhile make your sauce.
- Spray oil the cooking pot over medium heat, cook the chopped shallot until soft and browned.
- Add Garlic Puree, Sundried Tomato Puree, Passata, mixed herbs, sherry vinegar, and black pepper. Stir and leave to simmer whilst stuffing the shells.
- Mix together Spinach, Ricotta, a pinch of cinnamon and season to taste.
- Drain the shells and use the Ricotta and Spinach mixture to fill each shell.
- Place the sauce at the bottom of a casserole dish/desired cooking dish and place the stuffed shells on top.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the shells and bake in oven for 10 mins/ until the cheese is melted.
If you love this Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells pasta dish, then why not check out our Spicy Meatball Pasta another impressive meal in only 30 minutes!!