Another Quick and Easy One-Pot Spicy Meatball Pasta Recipe. Great midweek meal, ready in only 30 minutes.
Creating one-pot recipes with a cast iron dish.
We use our cast iron dish regularly to create our one-pot recipes, we highly recommend them as they are great to cook with and also easy to clean and will last a lifetime!!
A regular one-pot dinner in our house, so easy and the bonus is all cooked in one pan and also in addition to this, you don’t have too much washing up to do at the end!!
What pasta goes with meatballs?
We love to try experiment with different pasta shapes! We found this Triplone pasta worked especially well for this Meatball recipe.
Other pasta shapes suitable to use?
Alternativly, other pasta shapes, that would work well with meatballs are also Tagliatelle, Pappardelle, Penne, Rigatoni, Fusilli, Fettuccine.
One Pot Spicy Meatball Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 meatballs we used ready-made from the supermarket but you can make own if preferred
- 80 grams chorizo chopped
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 2 tsp Gia Garlic puree or 4 cloves of garlic
- 400 grams tinned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Gia Sundried Tomato Puree or 3 tbsp regular Tomato Puree
- 1-2 tsp Gia Chilli Puree or 1-2 chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Macetilla sherry vinegar or Red WIne Vinegar
- 250 grams tripoline or any other pasta shape
- 500 ml water boiling
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- black pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese
- parsley chopped
- Warm olive oil over medium heat in a large pan, add meatballs & black pepper.Once the meatballs are browned (about 8 minutes) remove from pan and place in a bowl until the final step.
- Use Sherry Vinegar to deglaze the pan, scraping all the delicious meatball goodness off the bottom to add a meaty flavour to the sauce.
- Add onion & chorizo, fry for 3 mins
- Add Gia purees, chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs and pepper and stir together
- Add boiling water and pasta into sauce, bring all to the boil
- Finally, add the meatballs, bring down to simmer and cover with a lid and cook for 11 mins. Check the Meatballs are cooked through before serving. If it looks dry add a little more water.
- Serve with a good sprinkle of parmesan, parsley, and black pepperEnjoy!!
The thick rich spicy sauce is easy and without a doubt super delicious. We used a few cheat ingredients to create the One-pot Spicy Meatball Pasta even quicker.
How can I prepare my recipe faster?
Speed up the process of making this Meatball Pasta Recipe by using our favourite brand Gia.
Gia Garlic Puree – pick it up at any UK supermarket. Not only saves time fiddling with peeling, chopping and pressing garlic. But also tastes as good as fresh garlic!
Gia Chilli Puree – available from most supermarkets, add it to any dish to add an instant kick. A little goes a long way, 1 tsp of puree is enough for some. On the other hand, we have been know to use 2 tsp as we like it very spicy!
Gia Sundried Tomato Puree – available from most supermarkets, add the richness of sundried tomatoes to any recipe. Blended with oils and herbs, the secret ingredient to any good dinner. We often use in place of regular Tomato puree, to add extra richness. You will only need half the amount of this compared to regular puree!
Puree can be stored in the fridge for 1 month after opening. Without a doubt, we always have on hand for quick easy tasty midweek meals.
If you like this One-pot Spicy Meatball Pasta dish you will without a doubt like our other recipes. Check them out for more delicious dinner ideas.
This post is sponsored by The Food Masters. Which means we are being paid by them to produce dinner recipes using their products. Importantly, everything we write on our blog about the products is our own opinion. We only work with products that we feel passionate about.