Our One-Pot Corned Beef Hash is an old classic which we have recreated for everyone who may be finding it hard to get out and buy fresh meat during self-isolation.
Canned Corned Beef, new potatoes, onions, and eggs, with a few extra storecupboard basics thrown in, you will have a true feast for the family in no time! Great for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner!
The history of Corned Beef Hash?
Corned Beef Hash dates back to the 14th Century in the UK, but it really kicked off as a good storecupboard meal during World War II. Food was rationed, making it hard to find meat. So canned corned beef became a very handy source of protein.
Canned corned beef already cooked?
Canned corned beef is cooked and ready to eat straight from the can. However, we think it tastes so much better when fried.
How to make One-Pot Corned Beef Hash?
First things first, steam or boil cubed new potatoes for 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, fry off your onions in oil until soft, add minced garlic (we used Gia Garlic Puree) add paprika and stir before adding Worcestershire sauce.
Add par-cooked potatoes and a generous amount of salt & pepper into the dish
Mix potatoes and onions together, before adding the cubed Corned Beef in.
Use the back of a spatula to flatten the corned beef and potatoes together, after 6-8 minutes turn over in sections and flatten with the spatula again. Cook for a further 6-8 minutes.
How to cook eggs for Corned Beef Hash?
You have two options here depending on if you like a runny or firm yolk?
One-pot Corned Beef Hash with a firm yolk
Make 4 well holes in the meat & potatoes, and crack an egg in each hole.
Place in the oven for 10 minutes to finish browning off the corned beef hash and to cook the egg.
All done perfectly cooked and ready to serve!
Corned beef hash with runny yolk egg
Alternatively, if you like a runny yolk you are better off frying your egg in a frying pan whilst you finish off cooking corned beef hash in Oven for 10 minutes, serve the fried egg up on top of the corned beef hash.
A delicious meal enjoyed by the whole family including the kids, easy and quick, breakfast lunch or dinner!
We used our trusty cast iron dish for this recipe, highly recommended. Due to its ability to be used straight from hob to oven, no messing!
One-Pot Corned Beef Hash
All you need is Canned Corned Beef, new potatoes, onions, eggs, with a few extra storecupboard basics thrown in, you will have a true feast for the family. Great for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner!
- 300 grams Potatoes we used new potatoes chopped into small cubes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Large onion diced
- 1 tsp Gia Garlic Puree 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 340 grams Corned Beef 1x Tin of corned beef chopped into small cubes
- 4 Eggs
- Sprinkle of Parsley We used dried parsley to sprinkle on at the end!
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400F
- Steam or boil cubed new potatoes for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry off your onions in oil until soft
- Add garlic, paprika and stir before adding Worcestershire sauce.
- Add par-cooked potatoes and a generous amount of salt & pepper into the dish. Mix onions and potatoes together.
- Place corned beef on top. Push down flat with a spatula. Cook on a low- medium heat for 6-8 minutes, do not stir!
- Using a spatula turn over in 4-6 sections, flatten back down with a spatula. Cook for another 6-8 minutes on that side.
For Firm Yolked Eggs with Corned Beef Hash
- Turn off heat, make 4 wells in pan and crack eggs inside.
- Place pan in the oven for 10 minutes to crisp off the top and cook eggs.
For Runny Yolked Eggs with Corned Beef Hash
- Place pan in the oven for 10 minutes to crisp off the top.
- Meanwhile, fry/poach eggs in your desired way!?
- Serve up Corned Beef Hash with egg on top, Sprinkle with Parsley and ready to serve!!
If you are looking for more store cupboard favourites also check out our SUNDRIED TOMATO AND ROASTED PEPPER PASTA