These Bubbly Pancakes are Absolutely Flawless!
So thick and fluffy, at the same time so light and airy! The added Champagne helps give it some extra bubbles!
We used a metal 11cm cookie cutter as a guide to keeping all the pancakes the same size.
As a result, it got scorching, but the magic glove came into its own! We use this a lot for a multitude of reasons.
Similar to an Oven Mitt but you have all fingers individually covered hence, not so clumsy!
Equipment needed to make Bubbly Pancakes
We used a handheld electric blender to help get all the lumps out of the mix, but an old fashioned whisk will work, or failing that a fork!
So many people buy the ready mix packet to make pancakes, once you realise how easy it is to mix your own you won't go back!
You probably already have everything you need in your cupboard right now?
In the pictures, you will see we teamed our Bubbly Pancakes with our homemade Raspberry Sauce with Champagne for a pleasurable sweet treat.
What to serve with fluffy bubbly pancakes?
You can top with whatever you like!
Here are some of our favourite pancake toppings;
Traditional Lemon and Sugar
Chocolate Chips & Sliced Bananas
Blueberries & Cream
Cinnamon and syrup
Let us know in the comments, your favourite?
We made these for 18th October, which is Global Champagne Day, a day to enjoy some bubbles, sharing with friends, family & lovers!
The perfect recipe to entail your Champagne in!
We cheated to save some pennies (pounds) and used Cava! Works in the same way as Champagne would.
How to make Bubbly Pancakes for kids without Alcohol?
Forget the champagne and use the same amount of lemonade instead!
Another cool way to excite the kids with pancakes is to add food colouring to them. Make Rainbow colour pancakes, they love them, blog post coming soon!
Thick Fluffy Pancakes Stack
- 2 eggs
- 240 ml milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 240 grams plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 50 ml champagne Brut is cheaper and works just as well or use lemonade!
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ lemon squeeze juice
- If serving with Raspberry sauce create that first.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl and mix together
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla extract, lemon juice, olive oil and place to one side.
- Make a well in the flour mixture, gradually stir in the milk mix until well mixed and no lumps. We used a handheld electric whisk to speed up the process.
- Now pour your champagne in and gently fold it in to help your mixture get more bubbly
- Put your frying pan on a medium heat, place a cookie cutter down, and spray pan and cutter with oil.
- Pour 75ml of the mixture into the oiled cookie cutter and cook for 2 ½ mins before removing ring (wear oven glove for removal).
- Use a large spatula to flip the pancake and cook for a further 2 ½ minutes.
- Whilst you repeat for the rest of the pancakes, keep the cooked ones warm in an oven at 50°C
Hope you enjoyed our recipe, take a look at more whilst you are here!