Sweet delicious Raspberry Sauce with champagne (optional), wow! No words can describe the deliciousness.
So easy to make, you will wonder why you haven't done it before!
We use a bag of frozen raspberries as they are cheaper and always good quality. Equally, you can use fresh if you prefer. No need to thaw your frozen raspberries first, chuck them straight in.
How long does Raspberry sauce last for?
We store our Raspberry Sauce in the fridge, cover in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
In this case, you will see we teamed our Raspberry Sauce with Champagne, alongside our Bubbly Pancakes, for a pleasurable sweet treat.
What can you use Raspberry sauce on?
Here are some other ways of using your Raspberry Sauce
Ice Cream Topping
Stirred into Yoghurt
Duck breast or Pork Chops
Cake fillings or topping
If you want to make your sauce seedless, once cooled pour through a fine-mesh strainer. Kids will appreciate this!
We also like to add some more raspberries on the top of what we are serving it on to give some texture to the sauce.
Raspberry Sauce with Champagne
- 350 grams raspberries fresh or frozen
- 170 ml sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon water
- 20 grams unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon champagne optional
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place the raspberries, sugar and water in a pot over a medium bringing to the boil, stirring the mixture until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Reduce heat and add the vanilla extract and cinnamon stick
- Place the cornstarch combined with 2 teaspoon of water into the mixture, boil over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes whilst continuously stirring.
- Remove the pot from the hob, add the butter and stir in until fully melted.
- Add Champagne now (optional)
- Leave the raspberry sauce to cool for 15 minutes and serve.Enjoy !!
Keep an eye on our other recipes, updated weekly.
We made these for 18th October, which is Global Champagne Day, a day to enjoy some bubbles, sharing with friends, family & lovers!
The perfect recipe to entail your Champagne in! We cheated to save some pennies (pounds) and used Cava! Works in the same way as Champagne would.
If you love raspberries, check out our overnight oats recipe.