After a few too many calorie-rich dishes over the festive period. It is time to get back to good health! Starting off with a healthy breakfast, this Raspberry Overnight Oats is a fantastic breakfast. Prep the night before so that is ready to eat straight from the pot the next morning.
Step by step guide of making Overnight Oats.
Use a lidded pot to layer Oats, Yoghurt, Raspberries, Milk, Sweetener and give it all a good shake. Next, place in the fridge overnight, it will be ready to eat straight from the pot the next morning!
What oats should I use in Overnight Oats?
Don’t use instant porridge oats, use rolled Oats. I use Organic Rolled Oats as I find them the best quality.
If you want to mix it up you can use other fruits or flavouring’s in it.
I like to serve mine up with more fresh fruit. As seen below with Kiwi, Blueberries and more Raspberries.
Raspberry Overnight Oats are a perfect filling breakfast so nice to just roll out of bed and have it ready to eat straight away! No messing around or if eating on the go it is ready to pick up on way out of the door!
So many options to make with different fruits or use alternative flavourings/ sweeteners or you could even use different flavoured yoghurts (just make sure it is fat-free)?
Perfect if you are following the Slimming World Diet, you are allowed the Oats as a Hex B. Milk is a small part of your Hex A and the yoghurt is syn free. I used Coconut milk but you can substitute with any milk you like.
Alternatively, just use 60g more fat-free yoghurt if you wanted to save your Hex A for something else?! I sometimes like to save mine for Cheese!!! The thing I miss most whilst following the slimming world diet!
Lastly, if you like a warm breakfast this can be heated in the microwave.
Raspberry Overnight Oats
- Container with lid
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) Rolled Oats not instant oats
- 140 grams (1/2 cup) Fat-free Greek Yoghurt plain or flavoured yoghurt
- 8 (1/2 cup) Raspberries Fresh or Frozen
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) Coconut milk Or any other milk or just use 60ml more yoghurt instead
- 1 tsp Sweetener Or Honey/Maple Syrup/Agave
- 1 splash Vanilla Extract or prefered flavouring
- Place the rolled oats, greek yoghurt, coconut milk, sweetener, and vanilla extract into the container, place the lid on top giving a good shake to mix together.
- Place in the fridge overnight and let the flavours soak into the oats softening them up ready for the next day's breakfast.If you like it sweeter than add more sweetener!Enjoy!!
I will be posting more flavour variants of overnight oats this year.
I originally got this recipe from when I used to attend Slimming World groups in 2010, I add milk as I prefer the consistency but the slimming world version uses just fat-free yoghurt.
Check out our other breakfast recipes.