We planned to get this Lemon Curd Cheesecake Dessert up on the blog for Halloween......but cooking, blogging, learning and life have got in the way! But this is still a fantastic dessert for Christmas too! Lemon is Kay's favourite flavour dessert whether it is cheesecake, sponge, mousse, sorbet or lemon meringue. SO expect to see more lemon desserts coming soon.......
Looks a lot harder to make than it is! No need to bake this cheesecake. You can make it up to 3 days before your event.
Steps to make Lemon Curd Cheesecake Dessert
Squish the butter and biscuit mix into a springform base cake tin.
For the cheesecake mixture we used Mascarpone Cheese, we find it has a richer creamier taste to Cream cheese. Of course, Cream Cheese can be used instead.
For the Lemon curd we used a good quality one from Tesco, however, you could make your own.
We added lemon curd into the Mascarpone for extra tartness and icing sugar to help it firm up. Whisk all together and put in fridge to set for at least an hour, before moving onto decorating.
Use lemon curd to make circles on the cheesecake. Use a sharp tool (toothpick will do) to drag from the centre out, creating a spider web effect.
We whipped up some cream to decorate the centre and to serve it up with it and added some Glamour & Sparkle sprinkles to the centre for extra glitz!
We was supposed to get some pictures of the plated slice of Lemon Curd Cheesecake Dessert...... we took it over to my mums for a family gathering and it got demolished before I could get my camera out!! So it's fair to say it was a success!
Lemon Curd Cheesecake Dessert
- 200 grams Digestive biscuits substitute (1 ½ cups Graham Crackers + ⅓ cup sugar)
- 100 grams (½ cup) unsalted butter melted
- 500 grams (18 oz) Mascarpone Keep at room temp
- 90 grams (¾ cup) icing sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon curd 2 tbsp for mascarpone mix and 1 tbsp for decorating
Optional-extra Decoration/ Whipping Cream to serve
- 50 grams (½ cup) icing sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) Whipping Cream
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkles Of your choice
- Place the digestive biscuits(or Graham Crackers and Sugar) in a sandwich bag, crush with a rolling pin and pour into a mixing bowl
- Place the melted butter into the biscuit mix and stir together, pour into a greased springform tin and press down until you make a firm base.
- Place in the freezer for 10 mins to set.
- Place the mascarpone, icing sugar and 2 tbsp lemon curd in a mixing bowl and whisk together until it forms stiff peaks on the whisk.
- Pour the mixture onto the chilled biscuit base and level out as smooth as you can on top
- Place in the fridge for at least 1hr to set
- Once the cheesecake is set, you can pipe with 1 tbsp of lemon curd making circles from inside to outside.
- Use a toothpick to drag the lemon curd and Mascarpone out from the centre to the edge.
- We decorated our cheesecake with whipping cream and sprinkles to give it some sparkle
Keep an eye on out for other recipes we post new ones every week!