I know what your thinking? Nachos for breakfast?! But trust me this dish although naughty, is soooooo nice! I first made this Breakfast Brunch Nacho’s for friends when they stayed over after a good night out.
What should I cook when hungover?
We woke up late and needed something to sober us up.
The obvious choice was bacon sarnies, but no bread, or bacon! So I worked with what I had in the fridge and cupboards!
We had Pancetta left in the fridge from our Fish Chowder. So that was my starting block. Tortilla chips had been left over from our nibbles from the evening before.
I am telling you now, this was the perfect hangover cure. I have since made it for lunches dinners and family gatherings it goes down a treat every time.
Crispy crunch of the nachos smothered in melted gooey cheese, the only thing you won’t like about this dish is when it’s all gone!
Alternative ingredients for Breakfast Brunch Nachos
You can mix this up in many ways!
Switch Pancetta for Bacon, Chorizo, smoked sausage, ham.
Switch Shallot for onion
No fresh tomatoes? use tinned!
Instead of Black Bean’s you can use pretty much any other tinned bean, kidney beans, black eye beans, pinto beans, borlotti beans, haricot beans or adzuki beans, to name a few.
We love Sherry Vinegar with our nachos. A rich sweet-bitter taste, it can be substituted for balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar or cider vinegar.
Replace Coriander for your favourite herb, Basil, Parsley, Chives, Oregano, Rosemary or Thyme?
Franks Red hot sauce substitutes, Tabasco, Sriracha, or Gia Chilli Puree. All 3 are spicer so you will have to add some water and vinegar to them before adding.
Cheese- Use cheese which is good for melting, cheddar, Mozzarella, Gouda or Gruyere.
How do you host a perfect brunch?
See our recipe card below and illustrated step by step college above, on how to make this awesome Breakfast Brunch Nachos.
We used a cast iron pan to cook this in, just like many of our dishes! Highly recommend the well know Le Creuset Casserole Dish the initial high cost is eye-watering, however, it will last you a lifetime, so well worth the expense. Used pretty much daily in our home, the ability to transfer from hob to oven makes it so versatile.
Breakfast Brunch Nacho’s
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Shallots chopped
- 1 tsp Gia Garlic Puree or 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 130 g Smoked Pancetta Chopped
- 400 g Black beans tinned
- 330 g Cherry Tomatoes Cut into quarters or used tinned
- 200 g Sweetcorn tin
- 2 tbsp Coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp Macetilla Sherry Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Franks Red Hot Taste or more to taste
- 6 Spring Onions sliced
- 200 g Tortilla Chips Lightly Salted
- 150 g Mozzarella grated
- 150 g Red Leicester grated
- 4 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven at 200°C,fan 180°C
- Place the olive oil in a saucepan on a medium heat, add the shallots, garlic and pancetta into the pan and cook until golden brown.
- Add in turn, stirring between each ingredient; Tomatoes, Sweetcorn, Black Beans, Sherry Vinegar, Coriander and Franks hot sauce. Cook and stir 2 mins longer. Keep homemade salsa aside for next step.
- In an ovenproof casserole dish, add half a bag of tortilla chips, top with half the homemade salsa, add a sprinkle of spring onions and 1 handful of each cheese.
- Repeat above layers again, saving some spring onions for after its cooked.
- Place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven, crack the eggs into the dish and bake for a further 10 mins
- Sprinkle with remaining spring onions and season with salt & pepper. Enjoy!
If You like our Breakfast Brunch Nachos why not try out our Italian styled Eggs Benedict!!