These simple breakfast brunch nachos, are the perfect cure for hangovers.
Layers of tortilla chips, cheese, spring onion and homemade tomato salsa made with black beans, sweetcorn and pancetta or bacon.
Oven-baked spicy, cheesy loaded nachos given an extra flavour kick from Franks red hot sauce.
How to make cheese loaded nachos?
Follow along our easy step by step video below to make your own spicy cheese nachos at home.
Read on for more tips, or if you just want to get cooking already, jump straight down to the recipe where measurements are given in both UK grams and US cups or oz!Jump to Recipe
How to make salsa for nachos?
Our homemade salsa is so easy to put together with a simple combination of ingredients.
A base of shallots and garlic. Seeing as this is for a hangover cure breakfast, we also add pancetta whilst the shallots were cooking.
Then add tomatoes, you can use canned if you like a runny salsa, but we prefer freshly chopped cherry tomatoes for a more chunky style.
Followed by a tin each of black bean and sweetcorn. Finally, add some Franks red hot sauce to taste and a sprinkle of coriander.
Bacon makes a perfect substitute to pancetta, or just ditch the meat completely.
Onion is a suitable substitute for shallots.
Feel free to replace Coriander with your favourite herb, Basil, Parsley, Chives, Oregano, Rosemary or Thyme?
Instead of black beans you can use pretty much any other tinned bean, kidney beans, black eye beans, pinto beans, borlotti beans, haricot beans or adzuki beans, to name a few.
What tortilla chips to use?
The salsa carries a great flavour so in this case, lightly salted tortilla chips have been used. Of course, you can use any flavour tortillas you like!
To experimenting with other flavours, to add to your nachos pick up the heat, even more, using Doritos chilli heatwave.
Or if you are a cheese lover, raise it to the next level using their tangy cheese tortillas.
On the subject of cheese........
The best cheese for Loaded Nachos?
Not big fans of the artificially processed cheese sauce used in many fast-food restaurants.
So we choose to just use grated cheese as it is, in both the layers and on top of the tortilla chips and salsa.
However, make sure to choose a cheese which melts well!
A mix of mozzarella and red leicester as seen on our loaded nachos, adds a great combo of flavour, colour and oh so stringy cheese.
Other types of UK cheese which can be used include cheddar, gouda, edam, gruyere or monterey jack.
Eggs make a great optional extra idea when served at breakfast.
If using eggs, add them halfway through oven cooking. Simply crack them directly on top of the spicy nachos, they will only take 10 minutes to cook in the oven.
Best served straight out of the casserole dish, just watch out for the hot edges!
Comfort food at its best, this easy cheesy nacho recipe idea will perk you up.
Check out the spicy nachos smothered in melted gooey cheese, the only thing you won't like about this dish is when it's all gone!
If you landed here looking up food to cure a hangover, I hope this recipe has helped!
Breakfast Brunch Nacho's
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Shallots or one small onion
- 1 tsp Garlic Puree or 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 130 g (¾ cup) Smoked Pancetta or Smoked Bacon Chopped
- 330 g (2 cups) Cherry Tomatoes Cut into quarters or use a tin of tomatoes
- 400 g Tin of Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 200 g Tin of Sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp Vinegar Balsamic or Sherry vinegar works best
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp Franks Red Hot Sauce adjust to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Spring Onions sliced
- 200 g (8 oz) Tortilla Chips Lightly Salted
- 150 g (1 cup) Mozzarella grated
- 150 g (1 cup) Red Leicester grated
Optional breakfast addition
- 4 Eggs
- Pre-heat the oven at 200°C/fan 180°C/ 400°F. Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic and pancetta into the pan and cook until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook until softened (if using tinned tomatoes continue with other ingredients straight away)
- Stir in sweetcorn, black beans and balsamic vinegar
- Finally, add coriander and Franks red hot sauce. Cook for 2 minutes and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- In an ovenproof casserole dish, add half a bag of tortilla chips.
- Top with ½ homemade salsa and ½ the spring onions.
- Followed by a handful of each cheese.
- Repeat above layers again, saving some spring onions for after its cooked. Place in the 200°C/fan 180°C/ 400°F oven for 20 mins.
- Eggs are optional; After 10 minutes, remove from the oven, crack the eggs directly into the casserole dish and bake for the final 10 mins.
- Sprinkle with remaining spring onions and season with salt & pepper. Enjoy!
This post was originally published on 10/10/2019 and had been modified on 06/03/2021. With updated step by steps, a new video and tips for creating the best loaded spicy cheesy nachos!
If you like our Breakfast Brunch Nachos why not try out our Italian Styled Eggs Benedict next?