Childfree weekend for us, it is such a luxury! Only one thing for it, a chilled morning making our heavenly Italian styled Eggs Benedict Breakfast.
Previously, we had made a double batch of our flavoursome homemade pesto.
We had used it in our pasta but saved a couple of tablespoons for this Egg benedict recipe. Alternatively, to save time buy shop bought instead.
It is true that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, however, during the week people don't get time for exciting breakfast's.
This Italian styled eggs benedict is great for weekends & will keep you going until lunchtime.
See our step by step slide shoe on how we made this great breakfast.
Italian flavours are bursting out the brims. Eggs Benedict served up on Savoury Focaccia rolls, thinly sliced and fried Prosciutto, sweet San Marzano Tomatoes and our homemade pesto.
Team with a strong Italian coffee to get your taste and scent buds tingling!
Guaranteed Double Yolk eggs
Inspired by Jamie Oliver's double yolker egg trick, it's a fantastic and filling breakfast and works perfectly with our eggs benedict!
Don't be put off by these instructions, the instructional write up is proving more difficult than the actual doing.
Grab a small bowl and place a large sheet of cling film over it, push it down. Crack two eggs inside.
Gather up 4 corners twisting cling film together, making sure you push out any excess air. Tie off with a knot.
Boil in cling film for 6 mins (runny yolk) - 9 mins (firm yolk). See the above picture to help and next time I make it I will record!
Can Prosciutto be eaten raw?
Prosciutto can be eaten raw, conversely, we make it a little bit crispy in the pan. You decide how you like it best? Of course, you could use bacon if you prefer!
Traditionally Egg's Benedict would consist of eggs, ham & hollandaise sauce. At this time we have not created our own traditional version, but planning to soon.
Italian styled Eggs Benedict
- 2 rolls Focaccia
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Eggs
- Spray Oil
- 4 Slices Prosciutto
- 6 San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Homemade Pesto see link or Shop bought
- 3 tsp Parmesan cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the oven at 150°C, fill a saucepan with water and bring it to boil.Place a large piece of cling film over a small bowl, push the cling film down into bowl spray with spray oil.Crack 2 eggs into the the cling filmed bowl scoop edges of cling film up and push any air out, tie cling film up so that no water can get inside, repeat for the other 2 eggs.
- Cut Focaccia Rolls in half & drizzle with Olive Oil
- Place Rolls in Oven and Eggs in saucepan and cook both for 5-8 mins, depending if you like you egg yolk runny or hard.
- Whilst they cook, heat some spray oil in a small pan and cook the sliced tomatoes & prosciutto, 2-4 minutes.
- When all cooked, layer the bottom of roll with Pesto, prosciutto, sliced tomatoes, eggs, sprinkle of Parmesan & Pepper, add more to the top roll.
Hope you enjoyed this Italian Styled Eggs Benedict recipe, why not check out our Pancetta Mushrooms with Mozzarella!!
Sponsored recipe created for Gia Garlic Puree. Fantastic product’s quick and easy to use and speed up the process of making this recipe!