We are going to share with you a special way to get everyone to like Brussel Sprouts! Our Roasted Vegetables with Maple & Rosemary Glaze is absolutely splendid.
The glaze gives a delicious sweetness to Brussel Sprouts that even the kids will devour them!
Cooking all veg on the same tray is so much easier, they will be cooked perfectly and ready at the same time.
See our step by step slide show on how we made glazed roasted vegetables.
Should I parboil vegetables before roasting?
No need to parboil your vegetables peel and chop and you're ready to go.
We chop our carrots and parsnips into similar-sized batons. and chop the Brussel Sprouts in half; if you like them firmer you may want to keep the Brussels whole.
Next, chuck them all on a tray, before making your glaze.
Making Maple and Rosemary Glaze
Quick and easy, place all the glaze ingredients in one jug. Olive Oil, Maple Syrup, Gia Garlic Puree, Rosemary leaves, Salt & Pepper. Give it all a good stir-up!
Now drizzle the glaze all over the vegetables.
What temperature is best for Roasting Vegetables?
Roast vegetables at 200°C (fan)/ 220 °C/ 425°F/ Gas Mark 7 for 40 mins. Best to place it in the middle of the oven to prevent direct heat from the top of the oven.
Keep an eye on them if they are browning too soon; just lay a sheet of foil on top of them.
We served ours up with our Glazed Gammon Joint recently which was also delicious!!
Look at the beauty of that Brussel Sprout! Oh, how I love them; such a shame they are not available all year round!
Seriously though even if you don't like them normally give this a whirl it may convert you! If you really can't stand them leave them out.
Our Roasted Vegetables with Maple & Rosemary Glaze can be done with Broccoli or Cauliflower instead.
📖 Step by Step Recipe
Roasted Vegetables with Maple & Rosemary Glaze
- 3 Parsnips
- 3 Carrots
- 16 Brussel Sprouts
Maple Rosemary Glaze
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Gia Garlic Puree
- 70 ml (⅓cup) Maple syrup
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary just the leaves
- pepper and salt To Taste
- Preheat the oven 200°C (fan)/ 220 °C/ 425°F/ Gas Mark 7Slice the carrots, parsnips into 1 ½ inch batons and the Brussel sprouts in half (can be left whole)3 Parsnips, 3 Carrots, 16 Brussel Sprouts
- Place cut veg directly onto a baking tray ready to be coated with the glaze
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon Gia Garlic Puree, 70 ml (⅓cup) Maple syrup, 2-3 sprigs rosemary, pepper and salt
- Pour glaze over the vegetables, give them a stir to ensure full coating.
- Place in the oven (preferably a lower shelf) and cook for 40 minutes, turn the veg halfway through.If they start browning before 40 minutes you may need to add a sheet of foil on top.
- Serve with your dinner