Our kids favourite!! Here you will find a step by step guide for making your own White Chocolate Truffles.
Alternatively, visit our Dark Chocolate Truffle or Milk Chocolate Truffles!! Whichever you prefer, we made all of them as none of us agrees on which is best! So you decide yourself?!
We make a selection of these every Christmas to give out to family and friends, the kids love to get involved too.
Making White Chocolate Truffles
Follow along the pictures below and print out the recipe card at the bottom of page, our kids loved making these with us!
Break the white chocolate up, add hot cream and butter to it
Place the bowl in a bigger bowl and fill with boiling water, stir together until well combined. If you break the chocolate into smaller cubes at the start this would happen quicker! This can also be done over the hob but as it was our son doing it we kept it safer for him.
Place bowl UNCOVERED in the fridge to set for about 2hrs.
Use a teaspoon to scrape 2 teaspoons worth of mixture into your hand. Next, roll it into a ball. It will be sticky, try not to spend too much time rolling or they will melt!
Truffle Topping Ideas
Now choose your toppings! There are so many options!! Cocoa Powder, nuts, sprinkles, coconut, dipped in chocolate, grated chocolate, chocolate strands, sugar strands, icing.
Above you can see served in little tiny tins, so cute and reusable!
We keep a selection of these out on the sideboard over Christmas for people to help themselves to.
See above served on a two-tiered silver stand so cute and reusable!
When we are gifting these we put them in mini paper cases. As you can see below, they look great packaged up ready for Christmas Presents, in cellophane bags with pull ribbons.
If you enjoyed these White Chocolate Truffle, go check out our other two truffle step by step guide for Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate. Let us know what you have used whilst making your own versions!
White Chocolate Truffles
- 300 g (11 oz) White Chocolate
- 50 ml (4 tbsp) Double Cream (Heavy Cream)
- 1 tbsp Butter
Toppings – There are so many options!! Cocoa Powder, nuts, sprinkles, coconut, dipped in chocolate, grated chocolate, chocolate strands, sugar strands, icing.
- Put a heatproof bowl inside a larger bowl filled with boiling water. Break the chocolate into small chunks (to help it melt quicker). Put into bowl stirring to help melt.
- Meanwhile warm butter and cream together in the microwave, do not allow it to boil. Start with 30 seconds, stir and keep adding 10 seconds more until warmed through.
- Pour hot cream on top of chocolate, giving a good stir until well combined and all melted.
- Place bowl uncovered in the fridge for at least 2 hrs to set
- Use a teaspoon to scrape about 2 tsp of mixture into your hand, now roll it into a ball. It will be sticky, but try not to spend too much time rolling or they will melt!
- Now choose your toppings, roll ball in your topping and place in a paper or silver tray.
- Eat immediately or store in airtight container/bag in the fridge until needed! (Will keep for 2 weeks)
Finally, please take a look at our other recipes on our website whilst you are here