Chocolate Heaven coming to your screen! Here you will find a step by step guide for making your own Milk Chocolate Truffles.
Alternatively, visit Dark Chocolate Truffle or White Chocolate Truffles!! Whichever you prefer, we however make all of them, as none of us agrees on which is best! So you decide between yourself?! (Milk Chocolate is my favourite though!!)
We make a selection of these Chocolate Truffles every Christmas. We give them out to family and friends as gifts, the kids love to get involved too.
Follow along the pictures below. Print out the recipe card at bottom of page.
Making Milk Chocolate Truffles
Breaking the chocolate into smaller chunks helps it melt quicker! Pour hot cream & butter on top. Place the bowl in a bigger bowl filled with boiling hot water to help it along, giving a good stir.
Once all melted and well mixed together, cover bowl and place in the fridge to set for 2 hrs.
Use a teaspoon to scrape about 2 teaspoons worth of chocolate mixture into your hand. Now, roll it into a ball. It will be sticky but try not to spend too much time rolling or the chocolate will melt again!
Now choose your toppings! There are so many options!! Cocoa Powder, nuts, sprinkles, coconut, dipped in chocolate, grated chocolate, chocolate strands, sugar strands, icing.
We keep a selection of these Milk Chocolate Truffles out on the sideboard over Christmas for people to help themselves to. Above you can see them served in little tiny tins, on a silver tray. So cute and reusable!
When we are gifting these we put them in mini paper cases.
Milk Chocolate Truffles
- 300 g (11 oz) Milk Chocolate
- 70 ml (⅓ cup) Double Cream (Heavy Cream)
- 1 tbsp Butter
Toppings – There are so many options!! Cocoa Powder, nuts, sprinkles, coconut, dipped in chocolate, grated chocolate, chocolate strands, sugar strands, icing.
- Put a heatproof bowl inside a larger bowl filled with boiling water. Break the chocolate into small chunks (to help it melt quicker) Put into bowl stirring to help melt.
- Meanwhile warm butter and cream together in the microwave, do not allow it to boil. Start with 30 seconds stir and keep adding 10 seconds more until warmed through.
- Pour hot cream on top of chocolate, giving a good stir until well combined and all melted.
- Cover bowl and place in the fridge for at least 2 hrs
- Use a teaspoon to scrape about 2 tsp of mixture into your hand, now roll it into a ball. It will be sticky, but try not to spend too much time rolling or they will melt!
- Now choose your toppings, roll ball in your topping and place in a paper or silver tray.
- Eat immediately or store in airtight container/bag in the fridge until needed! (Will keep for 2 weeks)
Finally, please take a look at our other recipes on our website whilst you are here