Not many Christmas desserts are kiddy orientated. Try this simple and easy Strawberry Santa's, sure to be a huge hit for Christmas day dessert or Christmas Parties.
My daughter's scouts asked her to make something to take along for the Xmas party they held. We found this Strawberry Santas idea on Berryworld we have adapted it slightly.
See below our step by a step slide show on how we made our Christmas strawberry party snack. Or skip straight to the recipe card.
How to make Cream-Cheese Frosting?
Beat butter (make sure you use room temperature) and cream cheese together. Then add icing sugar bit by bit and whip all together. Once it is thick enough to hold a peak it is ready.
There you have it, Cream Cheese Icing. Transfer into a piping bag (or just a plastic bag with the end chopped off)
If you want to speed this up you could just buy ready-made vanilla frosting from the supermarket!?
Making Santa Strawberries
Simply cut straight across the Strawberry stalk to give a flat base, this is Santa's bottom! Next slice a small section off the end, this is his hat!
Use a kitchen towel to dap the strawberry juices away from the slices. Otherwise, the cream cheese frosting/Santas hat will slip off!
Pipe a generous dollop of frosting onto the cut strawberry. Pop the hat on top, then add a tiny dollop more on top of the hat.
We used chocolate balls from a sprinkles pack as eyes, and snowflake sprinkles for the tip of his hat! Have a look in the baking section to find something suitable!
Finally, add a couple of dollops on the base for to create feet.
All done! Store in the fridge until ready to be eaten. Otherwise, the frosting will get too soft and your Strawberry Santas will melt!!
Frosting - make own (or buy ready-made)
- 100 Grams (4 oz / ½ cup) cream cheese must be room temperature
- 55 grams (4tbsp) unsalted butter must be room temperature
- 300 grams (3 cups) icing sugar may need more/less? Keep adding until right consistency
- 2 Punnet Strawberries
- Suitable sprinkles for eyes and hat
Make Frosting- all ingredients must be room temperature
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth and well combined.
- Add icing sugar bit by bit until thick enough to hold its shape, try making a mountain peak by lifting the whisk, wait for a minute to see if it holds its shape.
Assemble Strawberry Santa
- Slice leaf end off Strawberry to make a flat base, this is Santa's bottom!
- Slice a small section off the other end to make his hat
- Use a kitchen towel to soak up excess strawberry juice from all sliced parts of strawberry. This prevents the frosting or hat from sliding off!
- Put a generous dollop of frosting on
- Pop hat on then another tiny dollop on top
- Add a snowflake sprinkle (or whatever you are using, just the cream is fine!).
- Add 2 sprinkles for eyes
- Finally 2 more dollops for his feet!Now repeat for all Strawberries!
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Another fun Christmas recipe to do with the kids is White Chocolate Truffles check them out, make great gifts.