Easy Tinned Tuna Burgers are a favourite in our house, so quick and easy to make and they taste delicious! Tinned tuna mixed together with breadcrumbs, parmesan, onion, egg, mayo, dried herbs, and garlic. Made into a burger, perfectly cooked until crispy on the outside and moist inside.
What ingredients do I need for Tuna Burgers
All the ingredients are basic storecupboard products everyone tends to have to hand. Easy to rustle up anytime for lunch or dinner!
Spring Onions – leave them out or finely dice a 1/2 a normal onion.
Breadcrumbs- Use any packet breadcrumbs. Alternatively, check out this link by Martha Stewart for how to make your own using bread.
Egg- Replace with another tablespoon of mayo
Mayo- Replace with another Egg
Simple steps to make Tuna Burgers?
So easy, just throw all the ingredients in a bowl (except the tuna) mix together. Finally, add the tuna and mix gently, careful not to break it up too much.
Divide mixture into 4 sections and shape them into rounded patties. They should be about the size of the palm of your hand.
Make smaller tuna burgers to serve as starters or for kids.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan and place all burgers into fry on one side for 6-8 minutes (less if you made smaller burgers) than gently flip over the tuna burger, proceed to cook for further 6-8 minutes.
The Tuna Burger should be golden and crispy on the outside and still soft on the inside.
What to serve with Easy Tinned Tuna Burgers?
Make a filling lunch or serve up for dinner with Salad, Rice, Fries, New Potatoes, Noodles, Vegetables, Pasta, Jacket Potato, in a bun. You choose how to serve them, they taste amazing.
We served ours up with rice & made up our favourite spicy mayo sauce. Perfect to drizzle and dip them in, tastes amazing!
If not making the burgers for kids? We sometimes use 1 tbsp of spicy mayo sauce in place of the plain mayo, in the burger. This gives them an extra bit of flavour! Recipe for Spicy Mayo sauce on the recipe card.
Easy Tinned Tuna Burgers
- 1 large Egg beaten
- 3 tbsp Parmesean finely grated
- 3 spring onions chopped small or 1/2 brown onion finely diced
- 30 g (½ cup) Breadcrumbs we used panko but natural or even make your own from bread.
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs choose your favorites
- ½ lemon zest and juice (use the other half to squeeze on after plating up)
- 1 tbsp Low Fat Mayo
- 1 tsp Gia Garlic Puree 2 cloves crushed
- salt & pepper
- 290 g (2 tins) Tinned Tuna in oil/spring water or brine
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil to fry in
Spicy Mayo Sauce (optional) just mix the below ingredients together in a bowl.
- 120 g Low fat Mayo
- 60 g sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Gia Chilli Puree
- Put all ingredients except oil and tuna into a bowl mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Add Tuna, mix-up, but try not to over mix as tuna will turn to mush!
- Divide mixture into 4. Using your hands, shape into 4 palm-sized burgers.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the 4 burgers.Cook on one side for 6-8 mins medium-low heat.Flip (carefully)Cook on other side for 6-8 minutes.
- Ready to serve!! We usually serve ours with rice, noodles or chips and salad.
Easy Tinned Tuna Burgers are a regular dinner in our house, hope you enjoy as much as we do!
Go check out our other recipes, the spicy mayo sauce is also used in our Spicy Chicken Burger (check it out)!