What is in BBQ Sauce?
A perfect mix of sauces and spices (which you probably have in your fridge/cupboards) to create our very own Homemade BBQ Sauce which everyone loves! Good enough to bottle up and sell! We always have a jar of this handy in our fridge.
So easy to create!! Just chuck it all in and stir for occasionally for 15 mins.
We use our mango chutney in this BBQ sauce because it is the best! But if you haven't got time to make that first, just use shop-bought mango chutney. It adds a lovely sweet-spicy taste to the sauce.
Gia Garlic Puree – pick it up at any UK supermarket, save your time fiddling with peeling, chopping and pressing garlic. The tube keeps in the fridge for use whenever you make another dish containing garlic!
Gia Chilli Puree – available from most supermarkets, add it to any dish to add an instant kick. A little goes a long way, 1 teaspoon of puree, to give a little kick, feel free to not add it or add more!
It may seem too watery at the start but after 15 minutes it should have thickened up.
If not, feel free to add some cornflour (mixed with warm water) to it 1 teaspoon at a time, bring it to the boil whilst stirring and it will thicken up.
How do you use BBQ sauce?
- Hot Dogs
- Chip dip
- Crudite dip
- Smoother over chicken portions before cooking in the oven.
- Hunters Chicken
- Pizza Base and crust dip
- Dipping Goujons
- Crisp dip
- BBQ meat or fish
Smooth or Chunky BBQ Sauce?
There are small chunks of shallots in this sauce which is the way we like it! You can blend this down after cooling if you prefer it smooth.
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 2 Shallots or 1 small Onion
- 300 ml ketchup
- 50 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon mango chutney
- 50 ml water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Gia chilli puree or 1 chilli pepper very finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Gia garlic puree or 2 garlic cloves very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds if using shop mango chutney add these to the sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a pot on medium heat and bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15mins stirring occasionally.
- Ready to serve warm or cold! If you want smooth BBQ sauce you can blend it after it has cooled.Enjoy!!!
Hope you enjoy our Homemade BBQ Sauce as much as we do! Take a look through our other recipes for what to do next?
We used this sauce the other day in our Halloween Spider Bread as a dip