Perfect sweet Sticky Beer and Honey Glaze. The combination beer, honey & mustard with garlic, sugar and thyme is mouthwatering good!
Made with my favourite beer, Bierre Morrati as that’s what I already had in my fridge. You can use your favourite.
When adding your cornflour, make sure to mix it with equal parts water before stirring into the glaze. This makes sure it blends in easier. Otherwise, you end up with lumps. If the glaze is not thick enough for your liking add more cornflour 1 tsp at a time, until at desired consistency.
We used the glaze with Bratwurst sausages, cut into chunks and a side of chunky chips and coleslaw went down a treat. The glaze has a lovely sweetness that compliments the sausage perfectly.
Other uses for our Sticky Beer and Honey Glaze?
Also great to use on Chicken Kebabs, Spread over Gammon or Ham Joint, coated over King Prawns or Smoothered over Spare Ribs.
Equally good to serve up as a dip for chips, crisps or crudites.
Grab yourself a cold beer and get cooking this mouthwatering Sticky Beer and Honey Glaze. So quick & easy to make, take a look at the recipe card below.
Sticky Beer and Honey Glaze
- 330 ml Beer
- 100 ml Honey
- 1 tbsp English Mustard we used Tracklements Strong English Mustard
- 1 tsp Gia garlic puree or 2 cloves of garlic pureed
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
- 1 sprig Thyme
- Mix beer, honey, sugar and thyme in a pot over a medium heat, bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 15 mins stirring the glaze until the liquid has reduced and thickened.
- Add the mustard, garlic and cornstarch whisking into the beer glazeBring to the boil and keep stirring until the glaze is nice and thick.
A cheat product used to help speed up this meal;
Gia Garlic Puree - Garlic ready crushed to put into your recipe, 1 tsp is equal to 2 garlic cloves. No more stinky fingers, we use it in most recipes that call for crushed garlic!
For more delicious recipes check out our recipe pages we add a couple of new recipes weekly on here don't forget to leave us a review letting us know what your thoughts are?
If you like this recipe you might like our Glazed Gammon Joint Recipe !!