This creamy salmon pasta is a cracking dinner recipe. So simple to make, yet still make a fantastic impression for all the family.
Alternatively, it can be created for a refreshing summer lunch meal.
We also have a delicious salmon pesto pasta you may like.
Do you wrap salmon in foil when baking?
Salmon cooked in foil is the best cooking method for soft succulent flakes.
Make sure you have plenty of foil to bring over the salmon to make a parcel. It acts like a steamer infusing the lemon and garlic flavours.
Cook the Salmon in a preheated oven at 200°C Fan/ 220°C 425F Gas mark 7.
It only takes 15-20 minutes to cook. Meanwhile you can start cooking the pasta.
Have you seen the number of pasta shapes now available to buy in supermarkets?! It makes pasta so much more exciting.
What Pasta goes well with salmon?
For instance, we used the Gigli pasta shape for this dish.
Some other good pasta shapes you could consider are Penne, Orecchiette, Linguine or Rigatoni to name a few.
Keep an eye out for other pasta dishes. Whenever I see a different shape I buy it, the most recent purchase was a fusilli lunghi. Like a thick curly version of spaghetti. Seen used in our pesto king prawn pasta.
In hindsight, I think this dish could have done with a bit more spinach. However, I have to pick it out of the kid's portions so didn't put too much in!
Hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did; please remember to leave a review.
📖 Step by Step Recipe
Creamy Salmon Pasta
- 3-4 Salmon fillets
- 10 g Unsalted butter
- ½ Lemon thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon Gia Garlic Puree or 4 cloves of garlic
- 300 g Pasta Shape of your choice, we used Gigli
- 25 g Unsalted butter for sauce
- 2 teaspoon Gia Garlic puree
- 240 ml Double Cream
- 120 ml White Wine
- 140 g Spinach
- ½ Lemon juice
- 30 g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pre-heat the oven at 200°C Fan/ 220°C 425F Gas mark 7
- Place the salmon fillets onto separate large foil sheets, spread top of each fillet with Gia Garlic puree, pepper, slices of lemon and a small knob of butter. Wrap foil around each fillet to make a parcel.3-4 Salmon fillets, ½ Lemon thinly sliced, 2 teaspoon Gia Garlic Puree, 25 g Unsalted butter for sauce
- Cook in the oven for 15 -20 mins
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packet instructions.300 g Pasta
- Place the butter with 2 teaspoon Gia garlic puree in the pan/wok over a medium heat until melted, add the cream, wine, pepper and squezze juice from ½ lemon. Heat until the sauce starts to boil then reduce to a simmer and keep stirring until thick and creamy.2 teaspoon Gia Garlic puree, 240 ml Double Cream, 120 ml White Wine, ½ Lemon juice
- When the pasta is cooked and drained place in the pan/wok with the spinach and Parmesan, cook on a simmer for 3 mins until Parmesan is melted and spinach has wilted.30 g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Break the fillets into big chunks and serve on top of the pasta, with a generous grating of more Parmesan.30 g Grated Parmesan Cheese
Why not have a look at our sides for something to serve with this Creamy Salmon Pasta.
This sponsored recipe was created for Gia Garlic Puree & Gia Chilli Puree. They are fantastic product’s quick and easy to use and speed up the process of making this recipe!
Gia Garlic Puree
Gia Garlic Puree is available to buy from most supermarkets. Perfect to save the time and hassle of chopping/pureeing the garlic yourself.