Sizzling Spicy Pork recipe is quick and easy for a weekday and fantastic all year round recipe. Ready in only 30 minutes
Follow our easy step by step slide show and print off the recipe card below to help you on your way.
On our travels around Vietnam, we visited an amazing street-side restaurant that served up a spicy pork dish. We tried our best to replicate what we ate in this recipe!
What cut of pork is best to use?
We use pork fillet/tenderloin in this recipe. Not only is it a fairly cheap meat, but it also soaks up the sauce nicely. It is a small joint that is easy to slice into medallions. You can, however, replace this with another meat/poultry of your preference.
Coat pork medallions in cornflour and black pepper.
Next dip into the whisked egg. Fry in Olive Oil off for about 3-4 mins each side.
Once you have finished frying off the pork, remove from the pan keeping aside for later.
You will be left with a coating of cornflour stuck to the bottom. Don’t worry, as can seen below, use the butter and vinegar with a wooden spatula to scrape it off, this is used to flavour & thicken up your sauce.
Products for faster preparation
As shown we used a couple of fantastic products to help us make this recipe….
- Gia Garlic Puree – Garlic ready crushed to put into your recipe, 1tsp is equal to 2 garlic cloves. Best of all, no more stinky fingers, we use it in most recipes that call for crushed garlic!
- Franks Red Hot Sauce– made with a premium blend of cayenne peppers that add a kick of heat and a whole lot of flavour, adds the perfect combination of heat and flavour to this recipe.
Brown sugar adds sweetness to balance out the acidity from the franks sauce. In other words, it gives an amazing sweet and sour taste.
Gives a lovely rich spicy and sticky sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and some sliced spring onions.
As illustrated above we served ours up with Basmati Rice. Noodles would work equally as well.
Sizzling Spicy Pork
- 450 grams pork fillet cut into 2cm medallions
- 30 grams Cornstarch
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 148 ml Franks RedHot sauce The whole bottle
- 140 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Gia garlic puree
- 5 spring onions chopped, save some for serving
- sesame seeds to serve
- black pepper for seasoning
- Place the pork medallions in a bowl, sprinkle with cornstarch and pepper, stir to cover pork fully.
- Dip the each pork disc in the whisked eggs
- Heat the olive oil in a wok/cast iron dish, placing the coated pork medallions in the pan and cook for 3-4 mins, until brown. Remove from pan and keep covered until step 6.
- Add vinegar and butter to deglaze the pan use a wooden spoon, scraping cornflour off the bottom of the pan for 1 min.
- Add the spring onions, garlic puree and franks hot sauce stir for 3 mins.
- Stir in brown sugar, once dissolved add the pork back into the pan and cook for a further 3 mins to warm.
- Serve with rice, and sprinkle spring onions and sesame seed on top Enjoy!!!
Hope you enjoyed this Sizzling Spicy Pork recipe as much as we do.
Finally, don’t forget to keep an eye on our blog we add new recipes every week.