Halloween treats for the kids, using my childhood favourite chocolate, Rolo’s and my daughters favourite Kinder Bueno. These Cute Spider Halloween biscuits are definitely a treat no tricks here!
If you did want a trick, then buy shop-bought biscuits to save yourself having to bake your own! As you know, we love any excuse to get our aprons on. Furthermore, the kids are always eagerly awaiting the mixing bowl and spoon, to lick clean!
Equally you probably already have the ingredients you need in your cupboard/fridge!
Top Tips for making your biscuits
Using a handheld mixer makes it quicker to mix the ingredients of the biscuits. As an example, a 3-inch cutter will give you 12 biscuits. You can use smaller bigger cutters
We found the biscuit dough stuck to the worktop, despite flour sprinkled over. So on the next batch, we cut them directly on to the parchment paper. Which made it easier to transfer to a baking tray.
For the Rolo biscuit, we added vanilla extract to add some flavour and used a 3-inch cookie cutter.
For the Kinder Bueno biscuit, we used a 4-inch cookie cutter and added salted caramel flavouring.
What is the best chocolate to use to decorate biscuits?
We used Menier Swiss Milk Chocolate, perfect for melting! Use the melted chocolate in a piping bag to stick the body on top of the legs, then the eyeballs onto the Body!
The edible eyes we used are so cute, brings the spider to life.
You can choose your favourite chocolate to use instead of Rolo’s and Kinder Bueno. On our shortlist were Lindor Lindt Ball’s, Maltesers or Aero Bubbles.
We took these to a Halloween Party with us.
They went down really well with all the kids and equally well with the adults!
Love their little faces, so much character!
Cute Spider Halloween Biscuit’s
- 100 g Unsalted Butter softened, we used Stork as already soft
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
Optional flavouring use only one of the below
- 3 drops Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Salted Caramel flavouring
Decorating your choice of any chocolate!
- 1 pack Rolos Chocolate's
- 1 pack Kinder Bueno Chocolate
- 24 edible eyes
- 100 g Melting Chocolate
- Preheat oven at 180°C,160°c fan, gas mark 4. Line two baking trays with parchment paper
- Place butter into mixing bowl, whisk until soft and fluffy, add flavouring (if using) gradually add sugar. Then the flour.We used a handheld whisk to help speed this up.
- Form the mixture into a dough with your hands, roll the dough directly onto the parchment paper and use cutters to make uniform circles.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until golden, cool on a wire rack before decorating
- See pictures for decorating, use a piping bag with a small cut in for creating legs from melted Chocolate.Your choice of chocolate for the body and edible eyes on the body.
If you like these Cute Spider Halloween Biscuit’s, make sure to check out our Halloween Spider Bread too. They are both great for Halloween party food.