Spicy Chicken Burger
The perfect Spicy Chicken Burger. Crispy fried spicy chicken breast layered between, brioche bun, lettuce, cheese, gherkins and lashing of homemade spicy mayo sauce.
Yield: 2 People
Marinade for Chicken
- 1 Chicken Breast Cut in half length ways see blog post for how to.
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp English Mustard
- 1 tsp Gia Garlic Puree
- 1 tsp Gia Chilli Puree can add more it want it spicier
- 1 tsp black pepper
- pinch salt
Coating the chicken
- 120 g (1 cup) Plain Flour
- 60 g (½ cup) Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- pinch Salt
- 75 ml (⅓ cup) Milk
- 1 egg
Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 120 g ( 1/2 cup) Mayonnaise
- 60 g (1/4 cup) Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1-2 tsp Gia Chilli Puree add more to taste!
- 2 Brioche Buns
- 2 large Gherkins/ Pickled Cucumber sliced
- 4 large Iceberg Lettuce leaves
- 2 slices Cheese choose your fav!
Mix Chilli Puree, Garlic Puree, English mustard, vinegar, pepper and finally a pinch of salt together to form a marinade.
Butterfly chicken breast lengthways (see blog post). Coat both chicken breast portions with marinade, cover and set aside.
Get two shallow bowls, in each mix together.
Bowl 1 - Flour, paprika and pepper
Bowl 2 - Egg and milk
Dip both sides of chicken in the flour mix, then egg mix, then another dip in flour, pressing flour firmly onto the chicken.
Deep Fat-fry the Chicken- see the recipe notes below
Building your burger
Place a generous dollop of spicy mayo sauce on the bottom of the bun, lettuce, spicy chicken breast, pickles, more sauce, cheese, more lettuce, and a final dollop of sauce, before the top of the Brioche bun!
Switch or add Coleslaw, Sliced Onion, Jalapeno, Bacon, Tomatoes, Onion Rings, BBQ Sauce, Mayo or Mustard.
Follow these important tips for perfect crispy chicken
- Leave the flour dredged chicken to rest on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes whilst you heat the oil. This will help the coating to stick to the chicken.
- You do not need a deep fat fryer, put enough oil to fill 1/3 of a pan and heat the oil to 180C (it is important to check the temperature).
- Only cook 1 piece of chicken at a time, otherwise, the oil cools down too much.
- Lower the chicken carefully into the oil using a metal utensil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes turn over and cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and let sit on the (cleaned) wire rack for 5-10 minutes to stop the bottom from going soggy. If cooking more place on wire rach in a 160C / 320F oven adding the pieces as they cook.
Calories: 1129kcal | Carbohydrates: 151g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 231mg | Sodium: 1304mg | Potassium: 613mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 1384IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 5mg