Croatian Lamb Peka
We are have recreated a Croatian Peka, traditionally cooked on a wood fire oven. However, we have made it in a traditional oven. Chunks of lamb, potatoes and vegetables slowly cooked with wine, oil and herbs for a couple of hours. Delicious one-pot recipe.
Yield: 4 People
- 850 gram lamb shoulder shoulder deboned ( cut into nice size chunks) or buy already chopped
- 600 grams charlotte potatoes (or any waxy potatoes)
- 1 courgette chopped chunky
- 1 carrot large chopped
- 1 pepper green chopped chunky
- 1 aubergine chopped chunky
- 2 onions chopped chunky
- 1 tbsp Gia Garlic Puree
- 1 tbsp Gia Sundried Tomato Puree or tomato puree
- 100 ml olive oil save 20 ml for last step
- 250 ml white wine
- black pepper seasoning
- thyme, rosemary and sage you can choose any
Preheat oven to 200°C
Cut your lamb shoulder into large chunks and place to one side.
Add Potatoes and Vegetables into casserole dish.
Place chunks of lamb on top of veg.
Mix 80ml of olive oil in a bowl with garlic puree, sundried tomato puree and black pepper.
Pour oil mixture over the veg and lamb, followed by the white wine. Lastly, add the rosemary, thyme and sage, trying to keep the herbs all together so the stalks can be easily removed at the end once the Peka is cooked
Place lid on the casserole dish and cook for 1hr 30 minute
Take the lid off, pour the rest of the oil on top of the lamb and veg, cook for a further 15-30 mins.
Serve with slices of crusty bread Enjoy!!
Calories: 632kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 1630mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2796IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 5mg